Ruben Baler, Ph.D., a Health Scientist Administrator at the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), discusses brain changes that occur in some chronic marijuana users that can lead to marijuana tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal.
Dr. Baler answers questions including:
- What recent changes in the marijuana industry make you concerned?
- What brain changes cause the development of marijuana tolerance?
- What brain changes cause marijuana withdrawal?
- Is marijuana addictive?
- How long does it take for the brain to return to normal after periods of heavy marijuana use?
- What advice do you have for persons wanting to learn more about marijuana withdrawal and dependence?
- Is marijuana medicine?